How to fix Snapchat Failed to Send: Snapchat not sending Messages – Snapchat is one of the innovative social media application that came up with a unique idea of deleting messages after a specified short time period. This idea brought a lot of buzz around the social media world. Also, the wide variety of filters that Snapchat provides are extraordinary. People are actually in love with those filters. Some people are making living out of those filters by creating funny videos and memes. The fact that Snapchat appears in Top 10 most widely used applications of 2018 clearly proves the amount of love it is receiving from its users.
Snapchat often provides a very good experience to its end users and people are usually satisfied with the kind of performance Snapchat provides. However, time and again, some people face different issues while using Snapchat. One such common issue reported by few users is of Snapchat not sending messages. Users reported that they are able to receive and open snaps or chats, but whenever they try to send a chat or snap, they get an error that says:
Failed to Send – Tap to try again.
The Snapchat failed to send error messages is very annoying because it actually spoils the whole idea of being active on the social media platform. When you are not even able to send messages, there is no point in using it. However, there is a solution to every problem that exists. It’s just that we need to find the correct one and that is the reason why we are here. We have listed few methods that would help you resolve Snapchat failed to send error that restricts you and you have to tell your mates that it’s not your fault but it’s the Snapchat not sending messages.
How to fix Snapchat Failed to Send Error
In this section, we will be listing few methods to resolve error Snapchat failed to send. By the end of this article, you should be able to send snaps or chats to your friends and get rid of this error of Snapchat not sending messages. Stay tuned.
Method 1: Check Snapchat Server Status
Before going to the actual methods to fix Snapchat Failed to send error, it is better on our part to see if there are any issues with Snapchat server itself. To determine if Snapchat servers are down, click on the link given below.
If the servers are down, simply wait for 15-20 minutes and then try again. If the servers are up and running, then follow the methods mentioned below in this article.
Method 2: Switch Between Mobile Data and Wifi
If the network that you are using is not stable enough, Snapchat may throw an error message: Snapchat Failed to send. Snapchat requires a strong internet connectivity to work properly. So, please make sure that you are using a strong internet connection while sending snaps. You can also try switching between WiFi and mobile data, whichever is working better.
Method 3: Log out and Log In again to Snapchat
There might be some issue with the session you are using. So, invalidating session can sometimes help in fixing Snapchat failed to send error. The only way we can invalidate a Snapchat session is by logging out from the Snapchat and logging in again. Follow the steps if you need help in doing so:
- Launch Snapchat on your Android or iOS device.
- On the top left, tap on the user icon.
- Now tap on the Settings icon on top right.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Logout option.
- Now tap on Log Out button as it asks for your permission to log out.
- Once you log out successfully, relaunch Snapchat on your device and enter credentials to log in again.
- Now try to send snaps or chats to any of your friends to check if the error still persists.
Method 4: Clear Snapchat Cache and Data
Follow the steps given below to clear Snapchat cache memory and data.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to find Installed Apps and tap on it.
- Now try to find Snapchat here and select it.
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons one by one.
- Once completed, try sending a snap to anyone to check if the Snapchat failed to send error still persists.
Method 5: Reinstall Snapchat on your Device
If none of the methods mentioned above were able to fix Snapchat failed to send issue, then it is better you reinstall Snapchat so that you have the latest version of this application.
- First of all, uninstall the Snapchat application from your device.
- Now download the latest version of Snapchat from either Google Play Store or App Store. We have given the links for the latest version of Snapchat below for both Android as well as iOS users.
- Once you have installed the latest version of Snapchat on your device, try to log in to your account and send a snap or chat. Your issue should be resolved now.
So these were the few methods to fix the error: Snapchat failed to send. Hope you liked this article on How to fix Snapchat Failed to send error. If you are facing any issue or you are stuck at some point, feel free to post your issue in the comment section below. We will try to resolve your query at the earliest. Thank you and stay tuned.
Abdullah is Founder of Worldfree and a passionate blogger.He loves new Gadgets and Tools. He generally covers Tech Tricks, Gadget Reviews, Games Reviews etc in his posts. Beside this, He also work as a SEO Analyst at Worldfree.